Sunday, December 11, 2005

John Cleese

I had the pleasure of seeing the final night of his show in New Zealand. Its was lovely. A very intimate show with humour and sadness. A disappointing audience however, there was so much room for audience participation yet no takers. The gentleman sitting next to me actually lent over to his wife about half way through the show and said..." I don't get it." AAAaaarrrgh!
Despite that I was on a high for the rest of the weekend, I had got to see my favourite comedian up close and personal like, and hear anecdotes about his past trip to New Zealand. I'm not sure its a show that could travel the world, it was a bit parochial just like New Zealand really and maybe that's why I loved it so much.
The pictures of his ranch were charming and did you know he names all his cats after cheeses?

No comments: