Monday, December 07, 2009

Wanderings

I got an A- in my exam, I am stoked, i only had a B+ heading in, so I really nailed that sucker. heh heh.
Such an adult student now.

Been wandering around the neighbourhood, I stole 3 miniature rose blooms and stuck them in my hair. Bought a coke, sauntered up the hill in the setting sunlight.

Been reading lately, using the library online request system is the bomb. I browse for what i want, request a hold and a couple of days later I get an email saying everything is ready for pickup. Its brilliant. But does some what lessen the library browsing experience. (Or how I choose books to reading based on the pretty covers)
What its really good for is when you see a book on the internet or a friend tells you about it you can immediately hop online and request the book, ...before you forget. Which I inevitably do.

So I've read some classic science fiction. Heinlein and Clark, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" and Childhoods end. That stuff just blows my mind. I know a lot of adults that don't read science fiction just because its "science fiction" I don't know how it got such a stigma attached to it. These are  old, not even the books of my youth, but books I read in my youth. And even at thirty, they are still fresh exciting books to read. The best thing is that the library is full of them, or you can buy them new for almost nothing.

No comments: