Friday, January 05, 2007

Holiday to Kerikeri














Apart for the wait to get through Wellsford (honestly they never should have put a McDonalds there) the trip up north was uneventful. Just lots of 4x4s with boats clogging up the roads.

Zed and I took the kids to stay at my mums new place in Kerikeri. We drank lots of wine, the kids splashed about in the pool, we ate too much and generally a good time was had by all. We did get out for a few activities. we checked out rainbow falls and cruised the arty places till the boys were dying of boredom, so it was back to mums place for a swim in the pool and more wine drinking.

I spent quite a few years living in Kerikeri and although the place has changed a lot since then I still get a coming home feeling when I go there. If I could afford a holiday home I would buy it in Kerikeri. Its still a very relaxing place to go (despite the exponential growth) and it has a lot of chickens ( apparently, do a flickr search for Kerikeri, you'll see what I mean.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved having u here