Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steak Tartar


So I knew I had an evening home alone and fancied cooking ...uh er.. I mean making something a little different.

First stop, the butcher. I went to the butcher in Milford just down the road from the hospital. Eye fillet was selected and a piece cut from a whole fillet. 133 grams worth, which was actually quite a lot. I would probably use only about 100g next time.

Once home I finely diced the meat, added the following

1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 splashes of hot sauce (tabasco or similar)
1 tablespoon of Spanish capers
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of chooped red onion.

I arranged the meat in a thick patty shape and made a well, then bam, cracked egg, got yolk free with bare hands got rid of yuck egg white and La de da - Steak Tartar!

No comments: