Monday, April 24, 2006

Wondrous Weekend Wrapup

What an awesome weekend! Firstly, Dylan Moran on Friday night at the St James. Not much legroom in those St James seats even for a short arse like me, but the bar was open and after a glass of wine is was much more bearable. I really enjoyed the show, lots of laughs and lots of Bernard Black in there too. As usual we seem to end up sitting next to glum arses who don't care for humor and just came along because they thought they might need something new to complain about at work tomorrow. After the show we had a browse of Borders. I love bookshops that are open till midnight, I bought some DVD's, had a coffee and shared a piece of tiramisu with Zed. YUM (zed not the tiramisu)

Saturday was spent catching up with Wellington friend Jamie. We wandered through some pet shops looking at exotic fish, and spotted one of a sort, Our old Boss!! frankly I wasn't up for one of those fake, "Oh how nice to see you" converstions so I hid behind the coral display till she left. Then we had lunch at a frenchy delicatessen and then we played Settlers of Catan all afternoon. That Game kicks Ass! Although everytime we'd played it I was learned new rules because Jamie kept introducing a different expansion pack. Still it was awesome and not to hard to learn.
Photo By burks_berlin


Saturday night was yet another Singstar party, and after a few wines it hard to drag that microphone away from me. I had the dubious glory of getting everything going because everyone else was too shy. And I had to wait for them to get drunk before they would sing. So it was up to Tanya and me. Just as well I love Sing Star, I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap one on trade me. That and Buzz. So anyway I was out till 1:30am which is late for me cause I'm a bit of a Nana.

And Sunday well It was a miserable day so did housework (yawn grumble blah) and watched some DVD's. Stargate and Stargate Atlantis... Oh how I love Sci fi, I would get sky, if they had a sci fi channel. Sigh.

No comments: