Sunday, February 17, 2013

Adventures in Home Brewing - Bottle explosions

So it finally happened. A bottle bomb, a bang and a fountain of beer spewing all over the downstairs hall. I made several mistakes.
Firstly wheat beer, what was I thinking. Second, I over carbonated, I made it as fizzy as the style guides upper limit. Lastly and probably the most important, I accepted some second hand bottles. Yup I'm that cheap. Second hand plastic brewing bottles. (I need kegs so bad.) Anyway whats worse is that some of these second hand bottles have cracked over the last few weeks and I hadn't got round to hunting them all out and burning them, um, recycling them.
So now my downstairs hall reeks of wheat beer and I have learned many lessons.
The offending bottle on the way to the recycling bin.

No comments: