Thursday, December 20, 2007

Here's to mini dates

After scrambling into to town to drop the boys off at the bus by 5:30 it suddenly struck me.
Oh crap. Its less than a week til christmas (chaos!) and we are stuck in the city on a rainy afternoon (bad driving!) at 5:30pm (argh rush hour). Well there was no way I was going to be stuck in a car for an hour trying to get home in that traffic, so I coerced my dear husband into going to happy hour at the Mexican Cafe.


And what a happy wee hour it was. I drank cheap beer and ate cheap mexican foods and we chatted the time away in relaxation while those other suckers tried to get home. As an extra Bonus one of Zeds mates was at the Mex too, and as a Christmas gesture secretly paid our tab. Woot.

So heres to mini dates with my darling husband. Just an hour, away from the distractions and only each others company. It might be coffee, it might be a beer at the local, or a walk along the beach, it doesn't really matter its the time spent together.

No comments: