Sunday, August 19, 2007

I love sort of owning my own home.

The truth is the bank still owns my house. But for the net 22 years I'm just going to pretend its all mine already.

Naturally as a modern young woman I hate doing any house work of any kind. I work a 40 hour week and the last thing I want to do is spend my free time cleaning things. But alas, it must be done.

The garden has been bugging me for weeks..... not the back garden, that can go to hell till spring. But the front garden was a nightmare. The roses looked like they had never been pruned and the weeds were overflowing on to the driveway. So I dug out all the weeds and cut my hand up to shreds pruning the roses, finally caved and went to Mitre Ten to buy gardening gloves. Bought some more bark too. Planted some bulbs and laid down the bark.

Now it just looks like someone will get round to doing the gardening soon, rather than OMG they haven't touched that garden in years. For someone with no gardening talents at all though, I am kind of proud. I just hope I haven't killed the roses.

So it was a nice way to round off an otherwise decadent weekend, Nina's birthday party was a trainload of fun and I did spend almost a whole day playing world of warcraft.

"Nina enjoying a birthday cocktail"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys so much for coming! You are wonderful!!! LOVE! xx