Saturday, September 08, 2007

Autozamm Highlight of the Night

The Kings Arms, one of the last bastions of live music was the venue for the Opshop gig supported by Autozamm. But it may as well have been Autozamm headlining. Sure Opshop is tight professional with well written songs, but they ain't my cup of tea. They bore me. Autozamm on the other hand was full of energy, edgy guitars and charisma which you just can't fake. Consider me a fan.
Despite Tim Curry still being alive Nick seems to be capable of channeling him at will with an astounding performance of "sweet transvestite" from the rocky horror picture show. Heres a video of an older live performance for Juice TV, its not as good as what I saw last night but you get the idea.



Frankly Opshop is more of a support band, they just don't have the hooky songs to be the lead act, which I guess is why they are supporting Snow Patrol. I mustn't have the same taste as the rest of New Zealand seeing as "Maybe" has been in the charts for weeks. Oh well. one can only hope with the release of Autozamms next album the same success will come their way.

No comments: