Monday, September 08, 2008

Its raining again and I want to retire

Another Monday and all is well in the world. I say well, but what I mean is everything is the same, and change is bad, apparently.

I work with women twice my age with chips on their shoulders twice the size of mine. I really thought they were supposed to get smaller with age.

Then my car wouldn't start. Then it shuddered all the way home. I think the damp has set in.
It is growing a small amount of lichen on the rear window.

I still long for my bach by the sea, rural, but with superfast broadband access, isolated, but a bus stop at the end of the road. A patch of land for growing things, chickens and three cows. Which I will eat. Yum. A room to make a mess in (you know a "studio") and a medium sized shed. Views but a flat section. I will work two days a week and earn just enough combined with the royalties of some great thing I create to live comfortably for the rest of my years.

Yes, yes its true, my wants are simple. (Sure man keep buying those lotto tickets!)

No comments: