Friday, November 09, 2007

Day 9 - No beer for you!

Day nine of my experiment and also another Friday. The dreaded pub day. It was hot, the mornings work had been gruelling yet my efficiency outstanding. By 12 we were ready to walk out the door and off to lunch at Mad Dogs and Englishmen, a pub in a ridiculous spot at the back of the Milford shops. I grabbed a free water and it was gone in minutes and the sun beat down mercilessly on the back of my neck, I can't believe none of my workmates even offered to buy me a beer!

bastards.

Not that I am bitter, after all I am now home, sipping on a surprising little chardonnay and wasting the afternoon away with good ol' you tube favourites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wot country do you live in where the sun beats dowbn merciless on the back of your neck!!!! - it sure aint good ol NZ - a thousand cheers for a sniffle of chardonay! Stick with it you'll make it to the end of the month - to heel with the beer