Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wont somebody think of the patients!?

Well hospital security was out in force yesterday. I got my ID inspected on the way into the hospital by two security guards. For the first time in two years I've had to prove who I am to even get on the grounds.
I talked to one of the security folk later in the day and he explained that they were cracking down on expired ID cards and fake IDs. Then as an aside he mention that with all that terrorism bru ha ha you can't be too careful these days.
Well the day that North Shore hospital is the target of a terrorism attack will be a sad one indeed, I like to think that New Zealand extremists are unlikely to attack the hospital. But who knows what goes on inside a radical mind. I only hope this isn't the beginning of a slide into a culture of paranoia.

No comments: