Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thrilling Moments - Or Inane tale?

I may be a jinx to motor vehicles.

Since my car is getting surgery of the most deep and troubling kind, I had to take the Inlaws for an outing to the mall on the bus. The bus of course is many minutes late and 3/4 of the way to the mall there is a loud BANG!

The driver hopped out of the bus to look, he must not have seen anything out of the ordinary because he hopped back in and carried on driving. It was however immediately obvious as we began up the hill that a rear inner tyre had blown, the rollll FLAP rolll FLAP sound was a dead giveaway. So we limped to the top of the hill and were ejected from the bus and we had to walk the rest of the way.

I also got a clock at the mall. Which Zed's Mum Liz bought for me.

Its so Zed's dad can know when its beer O'clock. He has been lamenting the lack of clocks in our house. Not even the microwave clock is going (we have regular power outages so it mostly reads 00:00). I don't even wear a watch. Its like we live in a time free zone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A clock eh?

Well, the number one bonus of having houseguests is that you be bloggin again x